8869HA (21906 acres)
Easy Care, low cost, entry property
For Sale by Private Treaty
Being offered WIWO.
AGENT: ED WOOD 0428 874 240
110km North West of Jericho, 60 km East of Aramac on the water shed of the Alice River.
AREA & TENURE:
8869 ha (21906 acres) Property is in 2 Titles:
L1 GH9: GHFL 2/3944: PAR CARNEGIE (8081Ha)
L4 CNA36: SL2/38265: RESERVE 8: PAR BOONGOONDOO (787.4Ha).
Barcaldine Regional Council Rates are approximately $1385.18 / 6 Months. See Attached
Rents on the Special Lease portion are $267.00/pa
Gracevale is a Grazing Homestead Freeholding Lease.
$1218.18 pa. (instalment Scheme) Balance to pay = $ 16,147.00*. See Attached
500mm (20 Inches) per annum ECC: 425 Breeder Cows SERVICES:
Gracevale is 110km North of Jericho, 55 km East of Aramac. Gracevale is accessed via a 14km formed
internal access road from the formed gravel and partially bitumen Aramac-Jericho Road. Aramac is 67Km to the North of Barcaldine.
Gracevale is serviced with Rural Power, STD telephone, Satellite internet and twice weekly mail service from Aramac. Schooling is via Distance Education, although Aramac has Primary school facilities, with a Secondary/High School at Barcaldine and Tertiary/Agricultural College located Longreach.
Longreach & Emerald airports provide daily access or regular flights to Brisbane. Primary Health Care facilities, Hotel, Rural Supplies are available in Aramac and Jericho. There are also twice weekly rail services to Brisbane and return via Rockhampton.
Barcaldine has a population of approx. 1800 and is 122km via Aramac from Gracevale. Barcaldine Hospital provides accident and emergency care, and general inpatient facilities, there is also Commonwealth Home Support services to assist frail older people and younger people with disabilities. Barcaldine has excellent grocery suppliers, and all necessary rural services. Other services available include a cinema, banking and superior sporting facilities.
Longreach is 108kms west of Barcaldine and has a population of approx. 3000. Services available in Longreach include the Stockman’s Hall of Fame, a public library, swimming pool, Powerhouse Museum and parks. Shopping facilities in the town include IGA, Foodworks and Prices Plus.
Emerald is 222kms east of Jericho and has a population of approx. 15,000. Services available in Emerald include visiting medical specialists, Coles, Woolworths, Big W, Harvey Norman, Best & Less and Target are just some of the retail shops available, Fairbairn Dam and the Gemfields are great to explore and get away to.
Marketing of Livestock is available through the Live weight selling complexes or Saleyards at Barcaldine, Blackall, Longreach and Emerald. Live Export markets can also be accessed via Cloncurry, Charters Towers & Townsville.
2600 ha (6500ac) pulled between 2000 and 2002. PMAV is registered. Timber splits:
• 6400 ha Reid River Box and Broadleaf Ironbark, Desert Oak
• 980 ha Bloodwood and Yellow jack, Applejack
• 780 ha Poplar Box, Narrow Leaf Ironbark, Dead Finish
• 370 ha Bendee, Lancewood
• 300ha Yapunyah Jump ups and Scarps.
• The country is mostly flat to slightly undulating rising to Scarps on the Western Boundary. It has a large percentage of open forest, with some areas of dense under cover.
• Grass; Buffel & Seca are very evident & widely spread throughout & with support from the vendors is continually gaining momentum. Other grass’s feature; Forest Blue, varieties of Mitchell, Native Forest Grasses & Soft Spinifex, importantly all perennial in nature.
• The pulled country would benefit from a retreatment, however produces improved grass cover & has proven to be a true asset to the property. With additional nurturing there is an opportunity to further increase the production on the property.
• 1 bore, 2 dams, 4 Springs with a long history of permanence, 16 troughs, 5 x 10000ltr Poly tanks throughout run.
• Extensive pipeline systems, 12 km of new 63mm, balance 50mm poly pipe.
• Red Bore pumps 1400 ltrs/hour from a depth of 38 Metres. Equipped with electric submersible pump powered by Solar panels. Mains power is within 20 Metres.
• The pipeline network is based on Red Bore at elevation, and the springs at the house connected by 6 km of 63mm poly pipe.
• Water can be sent many ways and is pressured from gravity and or an inline electric pump located at the homestead. It’sa simple practical system.
• Homestead – Timber renovated – 7.5KVA Backup generator hard wired
• School House
• Shed – 18m x 8m steel 5 bay.
• Fuel Tanks – including 1200Ltr Petrol and 900Ltr & 1100Ltr Diesel
• 2 x Molasses Storage Tanks & 1 x Molasses Pump
• 9 paddocks, 4 Holding paddocks, numerous watering squares, 18km lanes.
• New internal fencing is steel end assemblies, steel post construction 3 and 4 Barb.
• Whilst the Boundary is principally 3 or 4 barb, most renewed or upgraded in past 10 years, the Northern Boundary with Kismet is still the original Wire Netting in stock proof condition.
• 1 set located at Homestead, features water, drafting, loading, branding and Vet crush facilities, serviced by laneways from most water points.
• Main Race, Calf race, 4-way draft pound are of heavy steel construction. New steel and portable panels have been recently incorporated to expand capacity. Timber is retained in sections of least pressure.
Gracevale to be sold WIWO Inclusions listed below
Numbers may vary dependent on date of sale.
Cows 220 Aged 3-9 yrs; predominantly Brahman or Brangus X
Maiden Heifers 50
Weaner Heifers 53
Calves 120 Branded + approx. 30 unbranded
Total Adults 278
Komatsu Traxavator – with Bucket, rippers and 14ft walk-in Stick rake
Grader – Drumco 600 Grader – 190 Hp – with 13Ft Blade & rippers
1996 Mercedes Benz 6TN Truck and Stock Crate – Reg
1996 Toyota Land Cruiser Tray Back – Reg –In very good condition.
Yamaha – 4-wheeler
Honda CTX200 – 2-wheeler Motorbike
Yamaha 200AG – 2-wheeler Motorbike
Cement Mixer and Trailer
Portable panels in yards
2 x Hay Feeders
Buffel Picker and Seeder
5000gls Molasses – 1.4kg/ltr 31.5t * 27t* of Cotton Seed
2 x Pallets of Lick
Gracevale has been improved with considerable water and fencing development. The program of development is ongoing but the main work has been completed.
A carrying capacity of 425 Breeder Cows is considered secure as the development program comes on stream.
Movement of the herd is considered simple due to water and fencing upgrades using spears squares and laneways.
Buffel grass is widespread and well established. We are pleased to invite inspections of Gracevale. Steve and Judith Hamilton.
Gracevale has been thoughtfully developed by its current owners whom have been responsible for considerable infrastructure upgrades.
It has a secure cover of grasses with Buffel widly spread thoughout. Infrastructure and internal fencing is of good quality. Cattle movement is well aided by an extensive laneway system.
With a, good mix of warm country and room to move, its position on the door step of the Belyando and Western plains fattening country is a valuable asset. Stock are in excellent healthy condition with all dry cattle being in forward to prime condition. Its and Ideal addi